Not My Type

This goes out to my friend Mr. A who happened to be the inspiration for this one. Sorry bro….;)


And I see her everyday,
in my knees I go weak,
A thousand words I practice,
not one can I speak.

She passes me each morning,
sliding hands in her curls,
Smitten I stand eyes wide open,
world spinning around in twirls.

To go and exchange a greeting,
Oh! She’s standing so near,
to go and exchange a greeting,
drowned I am in fear

of what? I can’t comprehend,
maybe I’m too shy.
This world won’t crumble to pieces,
for a meek, sincere ‘Hi’!

And like this another day passes,
and again I see her face,
Stuck like glue at the startline,
I’m too many laps down in the race.

And now its been three years,
Status-quo has killed the hype,
I tell myself to move on,
Oh well! She’s not my type.

0 comments: