An Evening with Myself

Its not everyday one gets the privilege to share an evening with goddess Parvati. I had it today. In the nearly one odd hour that I spent with her, we both admiring the varied fauna sporadically populated by the creations of the so called homo-sapiens. The view was plain and clear. There was a fountain, a magical one, for even though there was’nt any Adam’s Ale in it, it shimmered with the gleam of a polished pearl laid out in the pellets of sunlight that the mighty sun god showered upon it. The raised open air theatre that added to the scene a modern touch was certainly an eye-sore.Beyond it was a vast plethora of the gigantic eucalyptus trees that were blocking my view of another architectural wonder, or so it seemed.
A few benches were scattered around like grain spread before the pigeons at Trafalgar Square. I turned my gaze towards Lord Shiva’s bride once more. Cast out of granite, the 12th century statue adorning the likes of one Arts Gallery was a marvel of human artistry. Seated in the ‘padmasana’, she was adorned with ornaments, that though cast out of stone, were on any day glistening more than those on a bride at a pompous Punjabi wedding.
It was a sunny day, a peculiar one at that, for though the sun was beating down hard upon my face (and mind you, It can beat down real hard in this weather), there was no resentment on my part to the open hostility, for I was feeling a much welcome peace of mind descending upon me, and looking back at the year gone by, it was a welcome respite.
It was nearly end of the evening now, and my rendezvous with the gods was over. No wait, it was a rendezvous with myself?????? That my friend is over or not, I don’t know.

0 comments: