The soul of a government office

Now what is it with government servants that offends so many people?

I’ve perennially heard more than a mouthful of rather not so appeasing expletives being hurled at these inscrutable upholders of the government work.

Is it the way they dress? Those sadistic shirts that have never known how it feels like to be drenched in the vibrance of red or the calmness of sky blue. All they know is about the existence of white ,grey or in case if its your lucky day, even the occasional khaki.

Or is it the sardonic expressions that seem to scream in your face that you have just made the gravest blunder of your whole life by coming here.

Whatever there is, one may never understand for one does not possess the required intelligence as ‘they’ define it. One can only do as much as to observe.

Annotating a bit further on these mysterious creatures of the third kind, one but cannot refrain from mentioning a line or two about the penchant they have for tea. Yes my friends, its tea, after all these years the secret has been revealed. The ultimate elixir of life, the epitome of any nutritious meal or binge. Sometimes I have pity on the so called drug addicts who languish in rehabs and jails for I feel they are no match for the ferocity of angst that any member of the community of the topic in question can exhibit when he/she is eluded from the “amrit” as they will have us believe.

Here I am forced to recall a small story I heard as a kid about two lions that after suffering injustices in the circus decide to flee, but in the moment of heat, end up fleeing in opposite directions. Amazingly, they come back 6 months later, one of them weak and wretched and the other hail and hearty. A snippet of their conversation goes as follows:

LION1 (hail and heart): what makes you come back o king of the jungle?

LION2 (weak and wretched): I ran towards the desert, couldn’t find anything to eat, was on the verge of dying, so came back. At least I get food here. Why did you come back my dear one?

LION1: Well, I was trapped in a government office, hid under the stairs and used to eat a government servant everyday, as evident from my health. Nobody seemed to mind or look into the disappearance. Then one day yesterday, I made a mistake, I ate up their “tea-vendor” and the office was up in arms to find the disappeared soul. A soul indeed of the government office.

0 comments: