Eyes Wide Open

There are two categories of people in this world. Those who keep sleeping all the times,and for whom Jesus took a minute off to mention it in the Ten Commandments under the tagline Sloths. Then there is the variety who’ll keep staring blankly into the darkness all night long, commonly called Insomniacs. I’m the third kind. You see, I CAN sleep for long hours and they can be really long trust me, so much so that during childhood, I was christened a certain sleep loving character of the Ramayana. And I can stay awake late too. But the climax comes into the picture when I’m unable to do the first thing at a time when I do not want to do the second thing. Believe me, its not just the text that’s complicated.
As my friend Cornelius/Rupert/Tyler said, when you have insomnia, you’re never really awake and you’re never really asleep. Everything seems like a copy of a copy of a copy. It holds in my case too. Issuing in public interest, I would say, you should understand that u have a similar problem when you cannot tell the difference between 2AM and 3AM and you simply don’t care. You gaze with day-dreamy eyes at each and every contour of your room walls just to find an aberration, u look blatantly into the outside gardens just to spot a pregnant cat with a fur covered paw looking for the ‘caught off guard’ mouse, peeve with expectant eyes for that neighbourhood hottie to come outside and check if the cloud at 16th parallel has moved ¾ of the way across the moon or not( whatever that meant!). Believe me its serious. Firstly, you get your parents storming into your room in case you have lights on, though they even come when lights are off just to ask why lights are not on because they are also used to your metabolism. Secondly, your head gets mashed up with all the worlds thoughts that just masticate themselves to form a sour dough. Third and most serious of all, you feel like starting a blog.
In my case, I’ve had people all over telling me remedies to this particular condition of mine. Some have advocated doctors( get the pun here, ADVOCATING a DOCTOR), some have suggested Baba Ramdev exercises( yeah right!). To be honest, even I have given a thought if something should be done about it, and have withdrawn my case before the first hearing pleading guilty. You know why, well, there is so much to think over. And whatever is going to come out of all this thinking is going to be, as Barnie would say, LEGEN….wait for it….DARY. Say it isn’t so.
Well, till I fall asleep, hasta la vista baby and suit up!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

u think loads...don't u?

u ll say dats none f ur business.i agree.