After the Storm

It rained really heavily a couple of days back. I happened to go out for a walk the very next day and saw this tuft of grass in the park. The sun was about to get out. And when it did, the change in the persona in this tuft of grass was astonishing to see. From a frugal peasant it metamorphosised into a blushing maiden. So here i am, just trying to capture the feeling of that tuft for the sunlight that brought into it a zeal for life. Abstract i know, but then, what the hell......


Beaten, betrayed, i yearned for solace,
to redeem myself from the abasement i was subjected to yesterday,
buried in the ground, face down, mowed and sheared,
life, it seemed had lost its way.
And then you happened,
lifting me up,giving me the urge to stand on my feet again,
You showed me what life realy means,
you taught me how to fight the pain.
Like a mother you bestowed upon me,
your love, your care, your tenderness,
i was a wretched orphan, a nobody's child,
a deserted nomad, my identity was a mess.
your extended golden arms of velvety touch,
were so filled with warmth,they just osmosed the ache away,
those glistening gleams like beads of a necklace,
that guided me like a path to a destiny.
Gratitude fills me,for i have been
shown the purpose of life, which is to be,
and fight for all i believe in, that defines me,
that one thought that sets me free.



2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ye Pirate! said...

the poor bugger's in love!!!