The Poem With No Title

This poem is about a doctor in severe need of money who is going to perform an abortion. He is talking to the child being aborted, feeling sorry for what he’s about to do and the repentance that is associated with this deed. Could not think of any title for this one, so the weird name

I’m sorry for what I’m gonna do,
I’m sorry for what I’m gonna put you through,
Believe me, I never wanted to be this way,
The world is cruel,not everyone can have their say.
I’m not the kind of man I might seem to be,
I know that when I leave this world,hell is awaiting me.

As I put you to sleep,
Its my soul that weeps,
And now I’m gonna ease your pain,
I’m never gonna be able to see my face again.
I’m shaken, my hands are betraying me,
They’ve become so numb, am breathing painfully,
I’ll never know how you feel in there,
But what I feel outside is pandemonium everywhere,
Its not you alone who’ll be the victim of this sin,
There’ll be two souls that die today,
My mind is choking now,
The lights have gone out,
Reality is staring me in my face,
I’m an assassin, I’m a killer, I’m humanity’s disgrace.
Its an act against God, it’s a sacrilege to take a life,
I’ve turned pale,, I’ve turned white, my conscience is poking me with knives.
I’ve degraded my existence,
With a heavy heart my body is laden,
Tie me down, tie me tight,
Shut the doors of the iron maiden.

And now that I have plagued you with the serum of death,
Darkness descends me,I’m gasping for breath,
I’ve made my life a bloody hell,
In peace I shall live no more,
For what awaits me now,
It all has repentance in store.

1 comments:

Ye Pirate! said...

i was against abortion anyway...